The telescopic belt conveyor can be freely stretched in the length direction, the length of the conveying can be controlled at any time, and the goods can be conveyed in two directions. It is mainly used when goods are in and out of the warehouse and loading and unloading vehicles, which shortens the distance and loading and unloading time for manual transportation of goods back and forth, greatly improves labor efficiency, reduces labor intensity, and reduces damage to goods. It has been widely used in ports, docks, stations, airports, warehouses, post and telecommunications, light industry, food, electrical appliances and other industries.
Telescopic Belt Conveyors can be used as transport machinery and have been widely used in coal, grain, flour processing plants and other industries. Both bulk materials and bagged materials can be transported. When users install and use such equipment, they are not clear about the causes of some failures that often occur, and there are not many ways to deal with them. This paper analyzes and explains the causes and treatment methods of common equipment failures.
Conveyor belt slippage and solutions
There are many reasons for the slippage of the conveyor belt during operation. The common reasons and solutions are:
- The initial tension is too small. Insufficient tension at the point where the conveyor belt leaves the drum causes the conveyor belt to slip. This situation generally occurs at startup, and the solution is to adjust the tensioning device and increase the initial tension.
- The friction between the drive roller and the conveyor belt is not enough to cause slippage. Most of the reasons are that there is water on the conveyor belt or the environment is wet. The solution is to add some rosin powder to the roller. But be careful not to add it by hand, but blow it in with a blower device to avoid personal accidents.
- The bearing of the rear roller is damaged and cannot rotate, or the bearing of the lower idler is damaged and cannot rotate too much. The reason for the damage is that the tail floats too much, and the damaged or inflexible parts are not repaired and replaced in time, which increases the resistance and causes slippage.
- If the starting speed is too fast, it can also cause slippage. You can start slowly at this time. If a squirrel cage motor is used, it can be started after jogging twice, which can also effectively overcome the slippage.
- The load of the conveyor belt is too large, and it will slip if it exceeds the capacity of the motor. The advantage of slippage at this time is that it protects the motor. guillotine for a long time, the motor will burn out. But for operation, it is a slip accident. To overcome the slippage of the conveyor belt, we must first find the cause of the slippage before taking effective solutions.
The deviation and treatment of the conveyor belt
Belt misalignment is one of the most common faults when a telescopic belt conveyor is running. There are many reasons for the deviation. The main reasons are low installation accuracy and poor daily maintenance. During the installation process, the head and tail rollers and the middle idler should be on the same center line as much as possible and be parallel to each other to ensure that the conveyor belt is not deviated or less deviated. In addition, the strap joints should be correct and the circumference should be the same on both sides. During use, if deviation occurs, the following inspections should be made to determine the cause and make adjustments.
The parts and treatment methods that are often checked for conveyor belt deviation are:
- Check the misalignment between the lateral centerline of the idler and the longitudinal centerline of the belt conveyor. If the misalignment value exceeds 3mm, it should be adjusted using the long mounting holes on both sides of the idler set. The specific method is which side the conveyor belt deviates, which side of the idler group moves forward in the direction of the conveyor belt, or which side moves backward.
- Check the deviation value of the two planes of the head and tail frame mounting bearing seats. If the deviation of the two planes is greater than 1 mm, the two planes should be adjusted in the same plane. The adjustment method of the head drum is: if the conveyor belt deviates to the right side of the drum, the bearing seat on the right side of the drum should move forward or the left bearing seat should move backward; if the conveyor belt deviates to the left side of the drum, the bearing housing on the left side of the drum should move forward or the right bearing housing back. The adjustment method of the tail roller is just the opposite of that of the head roller.
- Check the position of the material on the conveyor belt. The material is badly centered on the cross section of the conveyor belt, which will cause the conveyor belt to deviate. If the material is skewed to the right, the belt is skewed to the left, and vice versa. When used, the material should be centered as much as possible. In order to reduce or avoid such conveyor belt deviations, a baffle can be added to change the direction and position of the material.
The Telescopic Belt Conveyor produced by Guanchao Logistics Technology has advanced technology and excellent product quality. We provide a full range of customized logistics equipment design and production services. If you have any questions after the sale, you can contact us, and we will answer you carefully.