With the gradual increase of people’s online shopping, some logistics companies have begun to use logistics conveyor line equipment to form sorting lines to complete the sorting and transportation of multiple items. An angled belt conveyor and a curved belt conveyor are two of them. Next, we will introduce these two devices to you.
A confluence conveyor is also called a confluence roller conveyor or a confluence angled belt conveyor; it is a combination of chain (belt) and roller type. An angled belt conveyor promotes the merging or shunting of two conveyor lines in a stable and efficient way, mainly for the confluence or shunting effect during the conveying process, and follows the principle of first come, first go to distribute or confluence the materials in an orderly manner. The angled belt conveyor has a modular design; is highly integrated; all cables have been internally wired and have their own line labels; and quick installation and debugging functions.
An angled belt conveyor is used for the merging of materials on two conveyor lines. When there is a vacancy on the path of one material, the material on the other path is merged through the confluence conveyor. In addition, it can also cooperate with other automation equipment as the exit for material sorting to the left or right. It is a multi-functional collection equipment production line.
Angled belt conveyor merging systems are divided into two types:
- Swing type shunt and merge mechanism
The swing type diverter and confluence mechanism are to set an independent raceway at the front end of the conveyor’s diverter port. The swing frame of the raceway is staggered back and forth under the push of the cylinder, so that the rollers form a certain angle with the original conveying direction, and the conveying direction changes accordingly.
- Swing arm sub-merging mechanism
The swing arm type split and merge mechanism is controlled by a cylinder or an electric rotating shaft without a power ball surface guide arm or belt type power guide arm. At the intersection of the “herringbone”-shaped conveying channel, the swing is controlled according to the conveying direction, which can be used alternately on the main line and the branch line.
How to operate the curved belt conveyor correctly
The curved belt conveyor is the most widely used conveying machinery and equipment in the enterprise, and the best conveying machinery and equipment needs regular maintenance due to long-term wear and consumption. For better operation and maintenance, it is necessary to operate in accordance with its exact operating procedures.
The following will help you understand the correct operation rules of the curved belt conveyor:
The so-called “no rules and no square circle” itself will be counterproductive if it does not respect the essence. The curved belt conveyor can make each enterprise achieve relatively satisfactory work efficiency because the operating specifications are correct. Otherwise, it will also affect the production speed and delay the yield of the material due to the failure of the turning belt conveyor itself.
The operating specifications of the curved belt conveyor are as follows:
- To avoid affecting the machine’s normal operation, the temperature of the material transported by the turning belt conveyor and its working environment must not be higher than 80°C or lower than -15°C.
- When the turning belt conveyor is grouped with multiple conveyor equipment and conveying materials, it must be started in close sequence, that is, the machine at the first discharge end starts to run, and can only be put in after each machine is running normally. The conveyed materials can avoid the loss of materials caused by some mechanical failures when the materials are conveyed to the middle.
- The turning belt conveyor must stop the input of materials when it is running, and stop until the storage of the conveyor belt is clean, which is helpful for the maintenance of the turning belt conveyor.
- Before the operation of the turning belt conveyor, it is necessary to carefully check whether there is noise in each part, and the protective equipment is complete, and must be operated by professionals.
- Test the insulation of the motor. The motor should be on the ground. The cable of the turning belt conveyor should not be pulled randomly to avoid accidental casualties.
- If the belt of the turning belt conveyor slips during the material conveying process, it is strictly forbidden to pull the belt by hand, so as to avoid accidents and wait for the stop to be repaired and then restarted.
- It is forbidden to enter anything other than the conveying material on the conveyor belt of the turning belt conveyor (the tools that carry the material are not counted).
- If there is an abnormal situation in the operation of the turning belt conveyor, it should be stopped for inspection and maintenance and cannot be operated reluctantly, so as to avoid the wear of the turning belt conveyor.
GUANCHAO is a conveyor belt machine manufacturer. As a professional logistics equipment leader, our products include unloading belt conveyors, extendable telescoping belt conveyors, etc. Our products are made of high-quality raw materials, and their technical quality is guaranteed. If you are interested in our products, please contact us.